Accredited Genealogist® Professional Benefits
Why become an Accredited Genealogist® Professional?
There are many benefits to becoming accredited through ICAPGen. Some of these include:
- You will become part of an international organization with over fifty years of experience and good will.
- You will demonstrate that you have acquired substantial knowledge and the ability to process and analyze genealogical information in a timely manner.
- Your name will be advertised on the ICAPGen website, bringing you clients and credibility. You can update your Internet profile at any time and include information about yourself that may be of interest to prospective clients.
- You will be more appealing to consumers who seek expert genealogical assistance, since you will have proven your research abilities and signed a code of ethics.
- You will be able to use the Accredited Genealogist® or AG® postnomials after your name.
- You will receive opportunities for local and international networking and service.
- You will receive a certificate for display and an identification card.
- You will receive a letter of introduction, upon request, should the requirement arise.
- You will have a professional credential that will stand in most courts as a qualified expert witness in estate and kinship matters.
- You may have opportunities to present at ICAPGen-sponsored conferences as well as other seminars, workshops, and conferences throughout the nation.
- You may receive opportunities to serve within the ICAPGen organization.
- You may rest assured that ICAPGen will defend the credential and certification marks should the need arise.
- Your credential will provide a reasonable means for resolving any disputes that might arise between a client and you.
- You will receive information and educational material through e-mail messages and our quarterly newsletter.
We want you to join us! For more information about the application process, please Contact Us.
Join our team of more than 200 accredited professionals. Learn more about becoming an AG Professional.
AG Professional Database
Check out more than 200 accredited genealogists and find a professional to work with.