A. Boyd Nielsen, founder of Nielsen Genealogical Services, has been involved in genealogical research for over 50 years. He specializes in Scandinavian, Germanic, British, and North American research. He holds a bachelor’s degree in English and German from Utah State University. He is an Accredited Genealogist credential through ICAPGen®. He is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, the Utah Genealogical Association, a Commissioner on the ICAPGen® Board and on the grading committee for ICAPGen®. He also serves as the Scandinavian Chair for ICAPGen®.
- 50 years Research experience, 48 years as a professional genealogist.
- Bachelors Degree in English and German.
- Regional Instructor in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, German, British, and United States research procedures.
- Librarian at Cache Branch Genealogical Library, Logan, Utah for 6 years.
- Librarian at Fresno Branch Genealogical Library, Fresno, California for 2 years.
- Secretary of the Golden Spike Chapter, Utah Genealogical Association (1977-1978).
- Member PAF Users Group.
- Genealogy instructor since 1966 in Utah and California.
- Research Director for several Family Organizations since 1967.
- Director of Scandinavian and German Extraction in the Brigham City Regional Name Extraction Program from 1980-1984.
- Special Consultant on the staff of the Brigham City Family History Center since 1976.
- Family History Consultant since 1997.
A. Boyd Nielsen is accredited for research in Denmark.
540 Harmony Place
Brigham City, UT 84302.1757