AG Professionals are expected to adhere to high professional standards at all times. They are required to sign a Professional Ethics Agreement when they first become accredited and again every five years when they renew their credential(s).
By signing the Professional Ethics Agreement, an AG® professional agrees:
- To conduct himself in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- To never cause or permit any action that could harm ICAPGen℠, ICAPGen℠ members, the reputation of ICAPGen℠, the goodwill associated with the marks and/or with ICAPGen℠, or the business or other interests of ICAPGen℠.
- To never engage in illegal, deceptive, misleading, or unethical practices; or advertise or otherwise represent his services or accreditation status in a misleading or deceptive manner.
- To reply promptly to all communications that concern his work and/or conduct as an AG professional.
- To clearly inform his patrons of his fee schedule, the use of others in the discharge of his work, methods of reporting his progress and findings, his areas of accreditation, and his status as an AG professional.
- To make regular written reports to his clients.
- To establish and maintain an accounting system to protect and segregate funds deposited by his clients until he has performed services corresponding to the amount on deposit.
- To adhere to ICAPGen℠ Code of Ethics.
- To hold ICAPGen℠ and its representatives harmless from any and all claims, suits, causes of action, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, charges, and expenses arising from or related to: (i) his exercise of any of his rights and/or obligations under the terms of this agreement; (ii) any actions performed or neglected to be performed by any third parties under his direction and/or control; and (iii) any breach of this agreement by him.
- To allow ICAPGen℠ to inspect and review any materials he has produced that bear any of ICAPGen’s℠ marks to ensure these marks are being used properly and to cooperate with ICAPGen℠ in implementing any corrective measures that ICAPGen℠ may require of him.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all information provided to him by ICAPGen℠ including, but not limited to, tests, standards, marks, and business operations, processes, and strategies. He understands that any such material is the sole property of ICAPGen℠ and agrees to never disclose any such material to any third party without the express written consent of ICAPGen℠. He agrees to return all such materials to ICAPGen℠ immediately upon request.
This list summarizes several key points found in ICAPGen’s℠ official Professional Ethics Agreement but does not represent the complete agreement. ICAPGen℠ reserves the right to update and modify the Professional Ethics Agreement as needed.
Click here to review ICAPGen’s℠ Certification Marks and Service Mark Usage Guide
Join our team of more than 200 accredited professionals. Learn more about becoming an AG Professioanl.
AG Professional Database
Check out more than 200 accredited genealogists and find a professional to work with.