Here are some suggested programs, courses, degrees, conferences, institutes, etc., for building your family history research and writing skills. These links are not associated or affiliated with ICAPGen. ICAPGen does not endorse any outside program, institute, or course. We provide this list for reference and convenience only.
COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY COURSES AND DEGREES
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor in Family History & Genealogy
- Brigham Young University Idaho, Associate of Applied Science in Family History Research
- Brigham Young University Idaho, Certificate in Family History Research
- Boston University Center for Professional Education
- Family Tree University (from the publishers of Family Tree Magazine)
- Brigham Young University’s Free Online Genealogy Courses
- Salt Lake Community College Genealogy Continuing Education
CONFERENCES AND INSTITUTES
- The annual Professional Management Conference sponsored by the Association of Professional Genealogists.
- Brigham Young University (BYU) Genealogy and Family History Conference, Provo, Utah, normally held in July or August.
- Family History Expos offers events in a variety of locations throughout the year.
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) Conference, locations vary, normally held in August or September.
- Genealogical Institute on Federal Records (Gen-Fed), National Archives in Washington, D.C. and College Park, Maryland, normally held in July.
- Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), hosted by the Georgia Genealogical Society, normally held in July.
- National Genealogical Society (NGS):
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- RootsTech, Salt Lake City, Utah, normally held in February.
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, Salt Lake City, Utah, normally held in January. It is a week-long course sponsored by the Utah Genealogical Association.
- Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, Burbank, California, normally held in June.
- The Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies
- Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter
- FamilySearch Wiki
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- NGS Education/Learning Opportunities
If you would like your family history skill building opportunity considered to be included on this page please send website name and URL to email@example.com.