Guide to Applying for an Accredited Genealogist® Credential
In the April and May Board meetings, the ICAPGen Board approved several proposals that affected testing. These include changes to the Level 2 & Level 3 exams, and realignment of several US and Canada regions, among others.
While these transitions are taking place, ICAPGen will be administering both the old tests for those candidates already in progress and new tests for those who began on the new track. Please refer to the appropriate testing track below: (if you are unsure about which testing track you are on, please contact the Testing Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guide to Applying for an Accredited Genealogist Credential®
- Accreditation Readiness Assessment
- Citations & Logs
- Four-Generation Project Guidelines
- Guide to Applying for an Accredited Genealogist® Credential
- ICAPGen Study Groups
- Language Requirements
- Level 3 Preparation Tips
- Outside Educational Sources
- Paleography & Transcription
- Qualifications of an AG® Professional
- Research Reference Guide
- Testing Regions & Regional Resources
Join our team of more than 200 accredited professionals. Learn more about becoming an AG Professional.
AG Professional Database
Check out more than 200 accredited genealogists and find a professional to work with.